The vision of Duke Fuqua's Association of Women in Business (AWIB) is "Helping Women Succeed in the Business World." We are a professional development club for Fuqua students that provides career support, promotes connections among the community, and raises awareness of the unique issues and challenges that women face in the workplace.
Duke Fuqua's AWIB plays a leading role in:
- Recruiting the next generation of women leaders at Fuqua -- we host an annual Weekend for Women for prospective students, as well as create Women's programming during admitted students Blue Devil Weekend.
- Developing a community for women within Fuqua -- we connect students through creating programming such as "Dinner with Six Strangers" to provide opportunities for women to build ties with each other.
- Promoting Health and Wellness -- we find fun and unique ways to stay healthy and engage with our community by planning events like "Goat Yoga at Hux Family Farm" and "Sync Studio Spin Class."
- Helping women at Fuqua achieve their professional aspirations by connecting them with recruiters who support female talent -- we consistently have a full calendar of events in collaboration with employers searching for female talent, including in 2018: Lunch and Learns with Amazon, ExxonMobil, and American Airlines; a Women's Cocktail Hour with Rhianon DeLeeuw: Vice President, US Operations Finance at Walmart; and Women's Yoga events with Liberty Mutual and Accenture Strategy, just to name a few. We have also created platforms for students to share their industry expertise with each other including "AWIB Real Talks," a series of small-group panels where Second-Year students share their internship and recruiting experiences with First-Year students.
- Leading conversations in the Fuqua community about women in business -- we have established meaningful ways for male allies to engage with AWIB through a variety of events, including hosting a Male Ambassador Program-led discussion of the gender climate at Fuqua.
Alumni and current practitioners representing Deloitte's Women's Initiative (WIN) conduct a communications workshop during the 2018 Annual Leadership Conference.
AWIB and Allies get together for a group workout class.
2017 Annual Women's Leadership Conference.